MYMY Counselling Manager
House Manager, Voluntary Director
£13.50 per hour @ 14hrs per week (Monday and Friday)
As a Part-time Counsellor you will be responsible for:
· Providing one to one counselling to individuals from the ages of 16 or over and carryout assessments of potential clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Post
· To assist the Counselling Manager with her responsibilities and duties.
· Ensuring prompt and efficient administration of the client information and records required to meet the needs of MYMY and to demonstrate compliance with the BACP requirements
· To maintain confidential, professional and appropriate records of all client contact in accordance with recording procedures.
· To work professionally and ethically with clients on a contract basis
· To attend regular team meetings
· To attend regular review meetings with their line manager and prepare accordingly
· To attend clinical supervision sessions monthly in accordance with policy and procedures.
· To attend and participate in meetings, conferences, and events where appropriate and to promote the ethos of MYMY and its counselling service through liaison with external agencies
· To assist with any monitoring and evaluation procedures laid down by MYMY and any potential future funding bodies when and if appropriate
· To have current membership with IACP/BACP or equivalent professional body and have completed the accreditation process or be committed to submission by 3 months from start date.
· To contribute to the development and implementation MYMY’s strategic plan
· To implement the organisation’s systems, policies, and procedures for service delivery.
· To assess the needs of clients and provide appropriate therapeutic intervention
· To identify risk and follow safeguarding policies and procedures as appropriate
· Implement monitoring and evaluation systems and procedures to determine user / stakeholder satisfaction levels and service impacts in relation to health and wellbeing indicators.
· To take personal responsibility for your continuing personal and professional development and maintenance of relevant professional accreditation.
· Ensure current and up-to-date knowledge of professional good practice
· To assess the appropriateness of referrals and signpost where necessary to alternative community/voluntary or statutory services
· To always maintain a professional attitude towards clients, staff, volunteers, and all those in contact with MYMY’s services
· To adhere to the ethos of MYMY’s Vision, Mission and Values
· Any other duties deemed reasonable by the MYMY Management Committee